With 5G going to a thousand lines, the rapid development of 5G communication industry, site power consumption multiplied, the need for higher energy density battery energy storage system, many communication operators supporting energy storage system are LifePo4 Telecom battery, 5G base station construction will open up a new path of development for LifePo4 battery.
Why are communication operators transforming to purchase LifePo4 Telecom battery?
In recent years, with the global attention to energy saving and emission reduction, lithium batteries are gradually used in various industries such as telecommunication, national grid and electric vehicles. For the communication power industry, energy saving and emission reduction require smaller, lighter, longer life, higher temperature resistance, easier maintenance, more stable performance, more environmental protection, etc. Therefore, in order to meet these needs, lithium-ion batteries are gradually changing to high-capacity batteries, and LifePo4 Telecom battery was born.
Backup power supply is very important to the communications industry, it is assembled in the form of battery cabinets in various base stations inside the room, in the case of interruptions in the base station utility power to provide power to ensure the normal work of the base station and smooth communication.
It is understood that many countries' communication operators are now using more environmentally friendly, more stable, longer life of lithium iron phosphate batteries to replace the previous lead-acid batteries, lead-acid batteries used in the communications industry for nearly 25 years, the drawbacks are becoming increasingly apparent, especially for the environment of the room, post-maintenance, etc. have high requirements.
In China's operators, China Mobile's application of lithium iron phosphate batteries is relatively more, China Telecom and China Unicom are more cautious. The main reason affecting the large-scale use of LifePo4 Telecom battery is the high price. China Tower also in 2020 since a number of bidding requirements for the procurement of lithium iron phosphate batteries.
Compared with lead-acid batteries, LifePo4 Telecom battery products have the advantages of small footprint, high energy density, long cycle life, safety and reliability, green and environmental protection. Lithium iron phosphate batteries are gradually coming into view.
1. In terms of energy saving, the use of lithium batteries, a communication base station can save 7200 degrees a year, and the three operators in a province has 90,000 communication base stations, power saving should not be underestimated. In terms of environmental protection, lithium batteries do not have heavy metals and have little impact on the environment.
2. In terms of cycle life, lead-acid battery cycle life is generally about 300 times, lithium iron phosphate single cell cycle more than 3000 times, lithium battery pack cycle life can reach more than 2000 times, the service life can reach more than 6 years.
3. In terms of volume, due to the light weight of the lithium battery pack, the installation of lithium iron batteries on new leased server room sites can basically meet the load-bearing requirements, without the need to do reinforcement to save the construction costs and reduce the construction period.
4. From the temperature range, lithium iron phosphate battery high temperature resistance characteristics, the working temperature can be 0 ℃ ~ 40 ℃, so on some macro station site can be placed directly on the battery outdoors, so you can save the objective room construction (rental) costs and air conditioning acquisition and operation costs.
5. In terms of safety, LifePo4 Telecom battery management system BMS has advanced communication functions, perfect system self-test function, high reliability, high security, strong power control, harsh standards, strong adaptability and other characteristics.
"Lithium-ion batteries now cost less per kilowatt-hour cycle than lead-acid," said Eric Yi, managing director of BSLBATT. "This means that lithium-ion batteries not only reduce costs for operators, but also provide better performance, longevity and a host of other operational benefits."
BSLBATT's new LifePo4 Telecom battery is suitable for telecom and off-site sites. Its higher energy density makes it smaller and lighter than traditional lead-acid batteries. According to customers, the BSLBATT LifePo4 Telecom battery also has a much higher charge and discharge efficiency than lead-acid batteries. This efficiency and more cycles translates into a more reliable, longer and better working life. The batteries are maintenance-free and can be monitored remotely, resulting in considerable operational cost savings
Conclusion: In the future, communication operators will accept and use LifePo4 Telecom battery as backup power for communication base stations on a large scale in the field of communication power. For the construction of green 5G network, "double carbon" goal, the future of lithium iron phosphate battery is unlimited.
How many ways are there to place Lithium ion batteries in the space they occupy?As technology advances and circuit structures are constantly being updated and i…
What kind of requirements does the current energy storage system have for lithium-ion battery storage? Li-ion batteries have been deployed in a wide range of en…
PV battery storage allows you to store electricity when production is higher than consumption. The stored surplus can be used in times of increased demand. PV b…
BSLBATT Lithium presents scalable, professional ESS Batteries including energy management system for grid and industry as well as solutions for home and small b…